The school which has generated the business leaders of today including Tim Cook, CEO of Apple; Melinda Gates, Co-Founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; and David Gibbs, CEO of Pizza Hut. The school which has been setting benchmarks for other institutions since its inception. Let’s find out more about The Fuqua School of Business, the Business School of Duke University.
Located in Durham, North California, United States,
Fuqua School of Business
currently has over 1,300 students in degree programs. Due to its all-rounded excellence, top companies like McKinsey, Microsoft, Deloitte, Amazon, and BCG show a keen interest in hiring Fuqua graduates every year.
Read on to explore more about the school, Know what makes it one of the most sought-after b-schools around the globe.
- The MBA at Fuqua School of Business starts with an extensive month of orientation. This includes a three-course Global Institute to get the students ready to lead in the global environment. 1st-year students get to participate in five case competitions. The VCIC is one such competition which lets VC firms and student investors listen to real entrepreneurs as they pitch their ideas.
- The MBA curriculum is desegregated with business studies incorporating the economies of UAE, India, China, UK, Russia, and Latin America. The focus on entrepreneurship lets students learn how to go about new business ideas. This happens in teams comprising students, professionals, and teachers.
- The program incorporates 10 disciplines including Decision Sciences, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management, Management Communication, Health Sector Management, Operations Management, and Strategy. The faculty secured the top spot in the United States by BusinessWeek in 2010 and 2012.
- The program focuses on combining classroom learning and experiential learning opportunities, which lets students apply their skills in practical situations. On weekends, students are encouraged to stay back on-campus, which helps to foster strong relationships between students, faculty, and alumni.
- Diversity is something that Fuqua majorly focuses on, in the classrooms. In fact, a recent MBA batch consisted of a stand-up comedian, a cancer activist, a calligrapher, a math lover, and even a competitive eater.
- The class of 2016 had 437 students and 40% of them were international, and 35% were women. The average age of the students was 29 years with an average work experience of 5 years.
Campus and Student Life
- Being one of the top schools in the country, Fuqua has some state-of-the-art facilities for its students. The campus constitutes of nearly half a million square feet of area with an efficient usage of wide spaces and natural lighting creating a culture-oriented environment.
- The campus houses several buildings including the Thomas F. Keller Centre, the Lafe P. and Rita D. Fox Student Centre, the Wesley Alexander Magat Academic Centre, the Breeden Hall, and the latest JB Duke Hotel, which came into operations in 2017.
- When it comes to accommodation on-campus, the school offers limited housing facilities, but students can easily find residential complexes in Durham with the support coming from the school.
- Students can choose from over 50 clubs and societies, ranging from the Luxury Brand and Retail Club to the Duke Start-up Challenge. There’s always a source on-campus enabling students to learn outside the classroom.
Over 80% of the graduates successfully find employment post their MBA from Fuqua School of Business. The average base salary at Fuqua is $122,989. In fact, according to Forbes, Fuqua graduates received the 15th highest average salary packages following their graduation. The school attracts a huge amount of applications every year from India. If you’re also fascinated by Fuqua’s top-notch facilities and excellent learning environment and dream to study at the school, reach out to one of the Leverage Experts today and they will guide you from start till the end.