The school which has always secured a spot on the list of top global b-schools, UBC Sauder in Vancouver was first established in 1956 as the UBC Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration. After a donation of $20 million by Dr. William Sauder in 2003, the school was renamed as UBC Sauder, as we know it today. Due to its interactions with the international marketplace, Sauder has always provided its students with a global business perspective. The school boasts about its relevant and rigorous teaching style, which is known to generate business leaders who reshape industries and organizations worldwide. It is ranked number 1 in Canada for its research and is accredited by both EQUIS and AACSB. Sauder’s alumni network includes 34,000 successful business professionals present across 77 countries worldwide.
MBA at UBC Sauder
- This 16-month long, full-time program challenges the students to strategize like a CEO, which gives them the metal to be future leaders in big organizations around the world. The compulsory Global Immersion Experience makes each student visit countries abroad and spends 2 weeks to consult with local organizations and understand their business problems.
- The program starts in the month of August every year and interestingly, post 3 months of completing their graduation, 100% of the students find employment with an average salary of 56,500 USD. The fee per year sums up to somewhere between $50-60k per year.
- The experimental learning curriculum is based on 5 themes: decision-making, creativity, leadership development, ethics and sustainability, and global issues and macroeconomics. Towards the end of the program, a competition named Capstone is conducted. It requires students to present solutions to some real-world business problems to business leaders and CEOs.
- MBA students can choose from amongst the following specializations: Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Management, International Management / Business, Leadership, Marketing, Operations Management, Strategic Management, Consulting
- At Sauder, the cohort size is kept at around 100 students, which facilitates a quality learning experience and an interactive environment. Out of the total students, nearly 43% are women and 54% are international students. With an average work experience of 5 years, the cohort already is well-versed with all the industry insights and possesses relevant professional skill-set. In short, they can learn and make each other learn as well.
- The class profile constitutes of brilliant minds that come together under one roof from all over the world. Before getting an acceptance letter from the school, there’s a careful examination of academic records, essays, work experience, GMAT scores, and LORs.
- The school is located in Canada’s Premium Business Centre- Vancouver, which is also a gateway between Pacific Rim and North America. The city is exposed to various business opportunities in Japan, North America, China, Hong-Kong and the booming markets of Asia-Pacific. Vancouver is one of the world’s most livable places.
- Precisely, the school rests in the heart of British Columbia University’s renowned Point Grey Campus, which is all surrounded by natural beauty. The UBC Sauder building offers interactive and innovative learning spaces, state-of-the-art communication technologies, and also a trading lab.
Due to the factors, the school catches numerous eyes worldwide each year. But candidates often find themselves confused and hallucinate about hurdles between themselves and the school, which don’t even exist. If you are one of the aspirants who want to make it to Sauder, get in touch with one of our experts. They will guide you from start till you finally make it to your dream b-school.
– Team Leverage