Established in 1956, the Nanyang Business School of Nanyang Technological University is Singapore’s oldest b-school. Going by the number of students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, and executive programs from the school (6,800), it is also the largest business school in Singapore. Acknowledged as Singapore’s Premier Business School, it is also consistently ranked among the world’s best b-schools. If we talk about the rankings, its MBA program has been ranked Singapore’s no. 1 by The Economist and in 2017, the FT Global MBA ranking placed it at 2nd position worldwide. The school is 1st in Singapore and 3rd in Asia to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) as well.
- The flagship 12-month MBA program offers students with in-depth, practical real-world problems in business models, rigorous academic theories, and management philosophies across multiple industries to prepare to excel in the universal environment.
- The program gives great focus on international exposure, leadership and real-world problems. There is 9 core and 4 elective courses and the MBA incorporates the following 3 components:
- Strategy Projects at Nanyang (SPAN)
- Leading People Globally
- Business Study Mission (BSM)
- Students indulge in a live strategy project and work in groups to deal with an organization’s real-life strategic opportunity. Additionally, they also engage in an inclusive leadership course and are offered an opportunity to be a part of a Business Study Mission (BSM). They get to study specific segments of corporate/business/industry/government entities to acquire insights and get to know about relevant practices in a particular country every year.
- The faculty is globally known and highly sought after as advisors and business consultants. They have an expertise in facilitating a diverse and highly motivated cohort and bringing out the wealth of skills, experience, and knowledge from a gamut of professional and cultural backgrounds.
- The program starts in the month of July every year. With a class size of 88 students, the last batch admitted had a whopping 89% of international students and 40% women students. Such stats indicate a great and efficient learning environment where students learn from the best minds coming from around the world.
- The average age of students here stands at 28 years with an average work experience of 5 years. This means that before enrolling themselves for an MBA at NTU, the students already are well-versed with industry insights.
Campus & Student Life
- The school is located in the world’s third best and Asia’s most liveable city, Singapore. Resting in the heart of South-East Asia, the city has a population of around 5 million people. Due to its strong efficiency and governance, Singapore has been entitled as the most business-friendly economy in the world for the 10th consecutive year (according to the World Bank). As far as the NTU campus is concerned, it rests in the south-western part of Singapore and students can easily access it by taxi, bus or train.
- The graduate housing is provided only to the international full-time graduate students. It primarily focuses on the new students to help them settle in the new environment. Students can choose from various types of accommodation at the Nanyang Heights, Nanyang Valley, and Graduate Hall. Each room has:
- Single Bed
- Study Desk
- Personal Bathroom
- Student life at the school is vigorous yet inspiring. Students are occupied with classes, assignments, teamwork, and personal study time. The best part is that it does not simply revolve around just academics. The school believes in training the students to maintain a work-life balance now and life at Nanyang incorporates a gamut of activities to break the monotony of a hectic schedule.
Every year, students apply to study at Nanyang in huge numbers with just a few actually getting an acceptance letter. Experts at Leverage boost up your chances of getting it by guiding you from start till the end. If you are still unaware of the first step towards making it to your dream school, let us make it easy for you—Get in touch with one of the Leverage experts right away!
– Team Leverage