SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University is a collaborative Ivy League B-School located in Ithaca, New York. Established in 1946, the school has been consistently ranked as one of the top b-schools worldwide. Johnson is distinguished by its community commitment, cutting-edge pedagogy, small class sizes, real-world business immersions, global business practices, and highly selective recruitment. While pursuing the MBA program, students are exposed to a vast ocean of opportunities to connect with all that the university offers. This is due to the school’s location at the heart of the most diverse and largest Ivy League Varsity. After completing their studies, students can tap into a huge network of more than 3,00,000 engaged and committed Cornell University alumni.
Let us get some in-depth details about the Johnson College of Business.
- The school offers a wide range of programs including 2-year MBA in Ithaca, 1-year MBA in Ithaca, 1-year MBA at NYC Tech, Cornell Executive MBA Americas, and Cornell Executive MBA in Metro NY.
- According to the QS Global ranking, its flagship full-time MBA stands at #36 spot. The tuition fees for this 21-month program amounts to $120,000 per year, and 700 is the average GMAT score of students who get through the admission process.
- The program is constantly updated to line up with the real world business problems. It gives strong emphasis on immersive learning and performance, with regular on-field work experience.
- Students are offered great flexibility as the program is highly customizable with over 80 electives to choose from. In addition, there are also opportunities to go for dual-degrees or certificate programs.
- The school rests in Sage Hall and houses 58 full-time members of the faculty. Currently, there are over 600 MBA students and nearly 380 students pursuing the Executive MBA program.
- With an average age of 28 years and average work experience of 5 years, the students at Johnson are already well-acquainted with the real-world business problems. One-third of the school’s classes consist of international students, and nearly 30% are women.
- Students can choose from over 100 clubs and societies for an all-rounded development, while they are pursuing their respective programs. These range from international affairs to entrepreneurship to skiing to even wine tasting.
- The student council represents all students to the administration, many of who take part in intramurals quite often. Hockey, Soccer, Volleyball, and Basketball are some sports offered on-campus. Students can also choose from a gamut of Physical Education courses including fencing, massage therapy, squash, and horseback riding.
- Undoubtedly, the classwork schedule is rigorous. But it is often tempered by perennial events and social functions like the Johnson Prom and Immersion Olympics. On each Thursday afternoon, the whole student body along with the faculty enjoy a themed and catered gathering called the ‘Sage Social’.
- Originally built as a dormitory, Johnson is a 19th-century Gothic building, entirely housed in the Sage Hall. Inside the Sage, you will find classrooms, a management library, an atrium, a café, a trading floor, an executive lounge, a parlour, and students & faculty lounges.
- While all the MBA students are assigned locker facilities, the faculty and the doctoral students are all provided with offices. The building also facilitates dry-cleaning services, showers, and shoe shining machines.
Equipped with an intense knowledge of how global enterprise is changing, Johnson graduates are torchbearers harnessing the power of teams in order to generate extraordinary results. Upon graduating, students are well-prepared to start innovative businesses, collaborate and transform organizations. If you wish to see yourself as a part of Johnson, one of the top b-schools around the globe, it’s time to hit the ball in your court. Contact us right away and let our experts lead you towards your dream college.
– Team Leverage