The University of Auckland, which was established more than a century ago (1883), is the largest University of New Zealand. It is the top-ranked University in the country and has an exceptional alumni list including many big names. Shirley Setia, the girl with YouTube fame; Vincent Cheng, chairman of HSBC; Phillipa Boyens, Academy Award-winning screenwriter, are to name a few.
Let us know more about the varsity, and how it has consistently managed to generate professional leaders in multiple fields.
Programs & other highlights
- The University offers a whopping number of 120 different undergraduate programs across 8 diversified faculties. These include:
3. Creative Arts & Industries
4. Education & Social Work
7. Medical & Health Science
- To offer, it also has 47 postgraduate courses across 8 faculties and 2 large-scale research institutes.
- Conjoint Degrees are also an option for its students. As the name suggests, they can study for 2 degrees simultaneously and can receive both in a shorter time period than if they had studied for them individually.
- Most of the country’s top-ranked researchers have made their ways to UoA. This is the reason that it has gained such a phenomenal research reputation, and all the programs taught here are research-intensive.
- Many extensive student support services including accommodation options, counselling, scholarships, academic learning support, sports facilities, and many on-campus events are provided by the University.
- The University houses 6 beautiful campuses. 5 rest in Auckland and 1 in Whangarei in the Northland region.
- With the 16-hectare city campus right in the heart of Auckland, students are just a walking distance away from all the main entertainment, cultural, and commercial hubs. To contribute to the aesthetics, the Harbor views and Albert Park just add to its appeal.
- Amenities such as cafes, libraries, recreation centre, and health services are all available on-campus.
- Shuttle Bus service is available for the staff and students who want to commute between campuses.
- Out of the total 29,640 students that the varsity houses, 8,568 have international backgrounds representing more than 110 countries. They contribute towards the diversified learning opportunities for every student.
- The academic faculty staff boasts of having nearly 645 members coming from overseas while having a total number of close to 2,050. With the University having close to 33% international staff members, it helps the students to learn more about different working environments, cultures and traditions throughout the world.
- Keeping the number of students per staff member quite low at 18.8, the University has been consistently offering its students, effective and efficient learning environment where they can actually indulge in one-to-one conversations with the faculty members.
With so many courses to offer, the University of Auckland caters students from a wide variety of fields. It is not just the No. 1 University of New Zealand badge that drives students here, but the overall excellence that it has been able to offer to its students for over a century. Every year, a huge amount of students from all over the world apply to get themselves a place in this university, but only a few get through. What special things do those few students indulge in? Where and how do they put the extra efforts that make the big difference for them? Our experts have answers to all your questions.
– Team Leverage