The Haas School of Business at the University of California Berkeley is the second-oldest business school in the United States.
It was the US’s first business school at a public university and consistently ranks as one of the top ten business schools in rankings by US News & World Report, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Economist and Financial Times.
With the mission to develop leaders who redefine how we do business, it is one of the world’s leading producers of new ideas and knowledge in all areas of business. Two of its faculty members have received the Nobel Prize in Economics.
The school’s distinctive culture is defined by four defining leadership principles:
- Students Always
- Confidence Without Attitude
- Beyond Yourself
- Question the Status Quo
The Haas School of Business focuses on providing various courses catering to the different needs of all kind of students.
- Full-Time MBA
- Evening & Weekend MBA
- MBA for Executives
- Master of Financial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Berkeley M.E.T (Management, Entrepreneurship and Technology)
- BASE Program for Non-business Majors
- BCPA Accounting Summer Program
- Boost@Berkeley Haas
- Berkeley Business Academy for Youth
The Haas School of Business not only lays emphasis on the courses it provides but also the infrastructure and facilities.
UC Berkeley campus is carefully designed and maintained in order to provide quality education to the students of the Haas School of Business.
- Designed by the renowned architect Charles Moore
- 3 connected buildings set around a central courtyard
- The buildings were designed to create a sense of community
- An ultramodern computer lab
- A comprehensive career centre
- A large business and economics library
- Classrooms, lecture halls, and seminar rooms equipped with wireless computer access.
Haas School of Business focuses on retaining and hiring a diverse faculty and staff community. The Haas School of Business takes pride in being a common platform for a rich variety of citizens from different educational and cultural backgrounds, cultures, experiences etc.
- Female faculty: 21%
- Female students: 38%
- International faculty: 53%
- International students: 44%
The Haas School of Business supports practical learning and “beyond-classroom” learning. It is home to many research centres and institutions.
- Fisher Center for Business Analytics
- Garwood Center for Corporate Innovation
- Berkeley Diversity Symposium
- International Business Development
- Berkeley Haas Entrepreneurship Program
- Asia Business Center
- Berkeley Center for Economics and Politics
- Center for Financial Reporting and Management
The principles of The Haas School of Business is what differentiates it from other Business schools. These include excellence and inclusion. As part of a well-renowned university- UC Berkeley, the university is inspired and dedicated to achieving excellence in everything it does. The focus is laid on a broad mix of backgrounds, cultures and perspectives for creative outcomes.
– Team Leverage