The University of Sydney is a public research university in Sydney, Australia. It is also ranked as one of the most reputable university in the world. Furthermore, the motto of changing the world for good and a number of career opportunities always manages to attract students from around the world to this university.
The university has a legacy of producing world leaders. Hence, their list of notable alumni includes Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and five other Prime Ministers, two Governors-General, twenty-four Justices of the High Court and five Nobel laureates.
The University offers a plethora of options to its students by providing them with a huge number of courses and programs. Also, the course structure is aimed at helping the students improve their career prospects or pursue a passion. Moreover, the MIM program at the University of Sydney is ranked number 1 in Australia. Following are a few other courses that the college offers-
- Accounting & Finance
- Economics & Econometrics
- Business & Management
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- History, Philosophy & Theology
- Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Computer Science
Along with having the main campus of the university is at Sydney, Australia, they also have satellite campuses all across the country. The main campus is spread across the inner-city suburbs of Camperdown and Darlington. In addition, the university has a working farm and a field station at Great Barrier Reef. The main campus-
- Houses Faculties of Science, Arts, Engineering, Education and Social Work, and many more.
- It is also the home of the university’s administrative headquarters.
- Their main campus has been consequently ranked in the top 10 of the world’s most beautiful universities, by The Huffington Post and the British Daily Telegraph.
The university has a network of campuses across the country. The Satellite campuses of University of Sydney include:
- Mallett Street campus
- Cumberland campus
- The Sydney Campus Hospital
- Rozelle Campus
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Camden campus
The University of Sydney has a hugely engaged student body. In addition, it is one of few universities in Australia which attracts students from all across the globe. It hosts a multicultural campus with students from 135 countries. It also has various academic and non-academic clubs and societies. Based on data collected by 2018 World University Rankings, University of Sydney has an impressive class structure:
- 44,553 students
- 32% percentage of International Students
- 57:43 Student Ratio of Females to Males
- 21:6 no. of students per staff
- Halls of Residence & Library – The university has a number of halls of residence and residential colleges, each with its own unique style and various facilities. The University of Sydney Library consists of 11 libraries located across various campuses of the university.
- Museums & Gallery – The University of Sydney has several museums and galleries like:
- Nicholson Museum
- Macleay Museum
- University Art Collection
- University Art Gallery
- Rare Books Library
One of Australia’s sandstone universities, University of Sydney has consistently given quality education in different fields and has ensured that its students get opportunities too fully live up to their potential. Take your best foot forward and make your way to the one of the best varisity in Australia, with Leverage experts.
– Team Leverage