Named after a military leader, engineer and a public administrator Sir John Monash, Monash University was established in 1958. Along with being one of premier Group of Eight-Australia’s renowned research universities, it is also ranked amongst the top 1% universities in the world.
Monash University is the second oldest university in Victoria, Australia. It is the only Australian member of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centres, Universities and National Academies. Furthermore, it also has Daniel Andrews (48th Premier of Victoria), Fiona Balfour (former Qantas and Telstra executive), Kevin Andrews (Australian Defence Minister) and a lot more notable alumina, leading in different fields and sectors.
Monash University is home to 17 cooperative research centres and 100 research centres. Let us know what else the university offers to its students-
The courses offered by Monash University are internationally recognised and guarantee a rewarding career. Monash offers Undergraduate, Graduate, Research and Personal Development Courses. Subjects taught at Monash Universities range across various fields:
- Computer Science
- Social sciences
- Physical sciences
- Business & Economics
- Life sciences
Monash University has five Australian campuses, a campus in Malaysia and locations in South Africa, Italy, India and China.
Monash University provides a safe and supportive environment for its students to grow and foster. It’s students come from various countries, backgrounds and cultures. Based on data collected by 2018 World University Rankings, Monash University has an impressive class structure:
- 46,846 students
- 28% percentage of International Students
- 57:43 Student Ratio of Females to Males
- 33.7 no. of students per staff
- Student Organisations – Every campus has one Monash Student Association to represent Monash students internationally.
- Academic Societies and Associations – Such societies and associations organise various events and take learning beyond classrooms.
- Interest-based Societies and Club – Monash Association of Debaters, Monash Whites Football Club and Lot’s Wife – A newspaper for the Clayton Campus.
- Sport – Monash Sport supervises sports at Monash University. It is a department of over 200 staff members, which includes more than 50 sporting clubs, participation in local and national sporting competitions.
- Halls of Residence – Monash Residential Services (MRS) takes care of the operation of on-campus halls of residence. It also coordinates a variety of facilities at most Australian campuses as well as South Africa.
Monash University lets you choose from many study options including part-time study, off-campus learning, double degrees and alternative pathways. With the motto of “I am still learning”, Monash University has a legacy of creating top executives across various fields and sectors. Monash University not only offers the excellent academics, networking, and facilities but gives a platform for a student to grow and develop holistically.